Due to popular demand, we have recently introduced a large number of new legal document packs on Website Contracts. The packs are particularly useful if you need lots of documents, or if you need different elements from different documents, if you're not sure exactly which documents you need, or if you just want to save on licence fees.
Blog posts: other
- Legal area:other
EDIT: the first version of the software is now available (including lots of free documents) here: https://docular.net.
I've been working for the past 2 years on a web-based software system to store contract text and legal drafting knowledge in a modular fashion, and to make the production of legal templates and documents based on that text and knowledge as efficient as possible. The system automates everything that can be automated in the document production process.Legal area:other
In the good old days of legal practice, effective marketing meant being good at your job, and once in a while taking clients out for long, expensive and boozy lunches. That, at least, is what a senior partner at an international law firm once told me. Those days, if not entirely mythical, are long gone. In this post I'm going to look at the nexus between internet marketing and legal services. I'll consider how the peculiar features of legal businesses affect the marketing of legal services online.Legal area:other
- Legal action can be catastrophic for a start-up or SME. When you add up lawyers' fees, court fees, damages and lost management time, the loser can be on the hook for hundreds of thousands of pounds of losses, sometimes more. Even if you win, the victory may be pyrrhic – for you if not for your lawyers. So read this list, and you might just save your business.Legal area:other
- The success of most contract negotiation processes can be measured by: the quality of the resulting contract, in terms of faithfulness to the parties' intentions, proportionality, certainty and clarity; the length of the process and the costs incurred during the process; and the resulting attitudes of each party with respect to the contractual documentation and, more importantly, each other. Although not every contractual negotiation can be measured against these principles - for instance, dispute settlement agreements are rarely going to lead to mutual respect - they hold good for most.Legal area:othercontract law
- When should a business seek to insure the risks that may arise out of the ownership and operation of a website? There is no simple answer, but in general terms a good insurance policy is a good way of managing the risks of any business venture.Legal area:otherlitigation
- I'm often asked whether a lawyer is needed for a particular contract job, or whether a template document would be adequate. It can be a frustratingly difficult question to answer. In seeking out legal services, small businesses usually want reassurance that they are "covered" for legal risks, but aren't necessarily interested in learning about the exact nature of those risks. However, all business involves risk, and no contract is perfect.Legal area:other
- How should you go about choosing a commercial solicitor? At a minimum, you should be looking for someone who is expert in the relevant area of law, works efficiently, avoids errors, is able to communicate effectively with everyone else involved in the matter and produces documents and performs other work promptly and in accordance with any agreed or imposed timetable.Legal area:other
- Clients sometimes assume that the instruction of a legal adviser amounts to an insurance policy against legal risk. But whilst proper legal advise should reduce a business's legal risks, it will not eliminate them.Legal area:other