Step 1: Create a Docular account
First you should create a Docular account, here:
For the full range of policies, see:
Step 3: Adding and starting to edit your policy
Once you have chosen your template, click "ADD TO MY DOCUMENTS" or "ADD TO CART" on the template description page. After competing any necessary checkout process, you can now create your own particular instance of the template for editing, here:
Issues which you should take care to get right include:
- specifying the proper bases for processing each category of personal data;
- where you select legitimate interests as the proper basis for processing, identifying what those legitimate interests are;
- identifying all those the categories of person to whom data may be disclosed;
- where you are passing personal data to others acting as data controllers with respect to that data, or where processing is based upon consent, you should (according to the regulatory guidance) specifically identify persons to whom the data may be disclosed;
- specifying appropriate retention periods for each category of personal data, taking into account legal and management reasons for retaining data on the one hand, and the principle of limiting retention of personal data upon the other.
Step 6: Install and activate plugin
Next you should install the Docular plugin into your WordPress site. You can get the Docular plugin from:
Now activate the plugin via the plugins settings page in your site. Once activated, you should see the Docular bird icon in the left-hand admin menu in your WordPress site. Click on the icon. On the Docular page, you should see a line specifying your domain. Take a note of that domain.
Step 7: Creating your API keys
You need to create a pair of keys to pull your policy into your WordPress website. Now return to Docular, and navigate - whilst logged-in - to:
Insert the domain you took a note of and click "ADD DOMAIN". Docular will generate an API Domain Key for you. Take a note of this. Next, navigate to your document instance (under "MY DOCUMENTS") and click "API DOCUMENT KEYS". Select the relevant API Domain Key and click "ADD". Docular will now generate an API Document Key for you. Take a note of this
Step 8: Insert keys into WordPress site
On the Docular plug-in page on your WordPress site, you should add your Domain API Key. Once this is added, you will see a list of the documents with respect to which Document API Keys have been generated for your domain.
Step 9: Publishing your policy
On the Docular plug-in page on your site, click "GET SHORTCODE". Copy and paste the shortcode into any page on your WordPress website. Your policy will now appear on that page.
Step 10: Updating your policy
If you make any changes to the document using the Docular editor, the document will cease to be marked as "FRESH" on your website. Click "REFRESH" to pull in the latest changes.
If you have any questions about this process, please do ask in the comments below.