Key provisions of this template
The key provisions of this basic document – and the key questions answered by this document – are as follows.
- Services – What services are to be provided? What standard must the services meet?
- Deliverables – What must be delivered to the client? What feedback is required from the client? To what extent is the
consultant committed to an agreed timetable for delivery? What warranties are given in relation to deliverables?
- Licence – On what basis may the client use the deliverables?
- Charges and payments – What must be paid, when, and how? What happens in the event of non-payment?
- Warranties – What general assurances do the parties give to each other?
- Liabilities – What exclusions and limitations of liability may protect the parties?
- Termination – In what circumstances will the agreement come to an end?
- Status of consultant – Confirmation that the consultant is not intended to be an employee.
- Subcontracting – Can the consultant subcontract?
Alternative consultancy contract documents
We publish and maintain a range of other consultancy-related legal documents. These are available on our ecommerce websites,
via the links in the table below.
In addition to these agreement-style documents, we also have a selection of T&Cs-style documents.