How can I extract myself from this contract?

I signed a contract to look after a handicaped boy for 10 hours per week at 10 pounds per hour.

My employer would not complete the rate of pay per hour or the holiday pay, or penisionable pay and left those things blank. I felt like she wanted to do things on a cash basis.

She started putting money into my account without paying tax.

I declared the money to the DWP and they withdrew the amounts from my universal credit. I had a very bad feeling about the whole thing now. I also became ill; I collapsed in the street. I contacted my doctor. I was taking anti HIV medication and believe the collapse was due to side affects. I still get dizzy spells and spinning.

146 viewsemployment law

Alasdair Taylor's Answer

Assuming you are an employee here, you would need to consult an employment lawyer about this. If that is not feasible, try your local CAB.

Ask a question

Question in one sentence
Select a topic that best fits your question.

Search questions


Using this legal Q&A, users can get guidance on business-related legal questions from our legal experts.

The guidance is not legal advice; no lawyer-client or similar relationship is created by the Q&A.

By using the Q&A, you agree to the limitations and exclusions of liability set out in our terms and conditions.

SEQ Legal
Copyright © 2022 Docular Limited | All rights reserved