Trading as

Can a person use the term “t/a” if the company has been dissolved?

Eg. joe bloggs t/a abc (abc being dissolved).

232 viewscompany law

Alasdair Taylor's Answer

It may be acceptable to use the same name as a dissolved company as a “trading as” name, providing you do not represent that in any way that the dissolved company is continuing to trade. The legal issues will depend upon the details.

Ask a question

Question in one sentence
Select a topic that best fits your question.

Search questions


Using this legal Q&A, users can get guidance on business-related legal questions from our legal experts.

The guidance is not legal advice; no lawyer-client or similar relationship is created by the Q&A.

By using the Q&A, you agree to the limitations and exclusions of liability set out in our terms and conditions.

SEQ Legal
Copyright © 2022 Docular Limited | All rights reserved